Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review Week

We started by learning the sight word look.  We sang the usual song on you tube
Then we did some word family wheels similar to the picture below.  I have some that have ack,ick,ock, and uck.  I would move the letter and we would sound out the word.




 

Then we read Chicken Dance and looked for words with this chunk in it.
 

Then we learned the Chicken Dance and danced all around!


Centers:
1- Handwriting Practice - Capital and Lower Case letters
2-Left and Right Practice
3-Color By Sight Word - I took a coloring page and typed in sight words that I thought they had already learned onto the chicken coloring page. 
4- Chicken Life Cycle
Easter and Spring Science Kindergarten Lesson Plan
5-Word Family Wheels on their own
6-Counting Chickens Computer Game - I used the one from Learning Planet, but as I was trying to go back and find it I happened upon one with Curious George at PBS Kids that I liked better.

Learning Planet
PBS KIDs

No comments:

Post a Comment